NYC Summer Debate Institute Registration (2018)
Welcome to New York City Debate Camp 2018!
Join us this Summer and become a Great Debater! From those who have never participated in debate to varsity high school debaters – join us for our Summer Debate Institutes! Students at all skill levels learn public speaking, refutation, questioning, research, writing, reading, listening and other academic skills. But most of all – it is fun! Debate Games, Debate Tournaments, Debate Activities, Raffles, Games and more! So join us this Summer at one of our Debate Institutes!
What Makes Us the Best Summer Debate Institute! The NYC Urban Debate League is the nation's largest and most successful debate league in the nation. Click here to view our national awards! But what is most unique about our summer program is that we are the only nonprofit summer program in NYC where all proceeds go back to NYC students and schools. There are many debate camps that are operated by for profit companies. But the NYC Debate League is for NYC students and NYC schools. All proceeds go to scholarships for NYC youth so that all students have the opportunity to attend summer debate camp. Our camps are taught by the best NYC debate coaches and teachers. This passion that drives our mission makes our camps the best. And its not just for the summer - the majority of our students return for our regular school year debate programming which is available to all summer students. And so we are the only summer debate institute that is also year round! So thank you for supporting the first and only Summer Debate Institute for New York City and by New York City.
Tuition Information. Our earlybird tuition prices are: $499.00 for our one week debate Institites and $999.00 for our two week debate institutes. Breakfast and lunch are included, Camp T-Shirt includes, and debate materials included. All camps (unless otherwise noted) are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm. Please register early as these prices will increase! But please register early to take advantage of discounts. Click here for pricing discounts and deadlines. Early bird discount before June 1st is $499 for our 1 week debate institute and $999 for our 2 week debate institutes.
Payment and Registration Information. You can select the camp/s below for more details and you will be directed to a shopping cart where you can check out. Shortly upon payment you will receive by email a parent and student registration form that includes additional details (emergency contact information, medical, and other information to complete your registration).
- Tuition. Tuition covers breakfast, lunch, snacks, Camp T-Shirt, and debate materials.
- Refunds. All payments are Non-Refundable. Credit can be applied to a another NYCUDL Debate Institute during the Summer and/or provided up to 1 year from the date of the event for next Summer's Debate Institutes.
- Location/Date Changes. Convienently located across NYC at major colleges and high schools including Columbia University, New York University, Hunter College, Silberman Graduate School, Brooklyn Borough Hall, and Maspeth High School. Because we rely on the generosity of our host locations, we also acknowledge that sometimes their needs will change (classroom availability, dates, etc.). And so while we do our best with securing camp locations and dates, we cannot guarantee there will be no changes. Of course if there are location or date changes, you will receive a full refund and/or exchnage.
- Schedule. Unless otherwise noted, camps are Mondays-Fridays, 9:00am-3:00pm. The one exception is the middle school/elementary school debate institute at the Silberman Graduate School which is closed on Fridays. Elementary debate programs are also from 9:00am-1:00pm, rather than 3:00pm.
- Curriculum. Our interactive curriculum makes public speaking and debate engaging and fun for all ages. Curriculum includes skills in public speaking, debate, speech writing, researching, questioning, and more. Each camp culminates in a camp tournament.
- Grade Levels. Our camps are open to 4th-12th graders. (elementary, middle school and high school). Rising students (8th graders going into high school and 5th graders going into middle school) are encouraged to apply to their grade level next school year since they have the opportunity to compete next year in their grade level. So for example, a current 8th grade student should apply to our high school debate institutes.
- Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 917-455-1079 if you have any additional questions.