NYC Summer Debate Institute Registration (2018)
Join us for the summer of 2018 at the nation's largest debate league and summer program. Honored by the White House as one of the nation's top after school programs, the New York City Urban Debate League (NYCUDL) provides year round debate education opportunities to over 100 schools and thousands of students. Whether you are an elementary, middle or high school student and whether you are new to debate or an advanced debate - we offer over seven weeks of summer debate institutes, summer tournaments, summer events, and other fun programs to teach students debate, public speaking, critical thinking, current events and improve reading, writing, and research skills.
- Instruction. Our summer debate institutes are staffed by some of NYC's top debaters and instructors.
- Location. Convienently located across NYC at major colleges and high schools including Columbia University, New York University, Hunter College, Silberman Graduate School, Brooklyn Borough Hall, and Maspeth High School.
- Price. The NYCUDL provides the most affordable summer debate institute programs. Tuition includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, Camp T-Shirt and materials. Scholarships are available to NYCUDL students who have participated in at least 4 tournaments.
- Dates. We are also the longest summer program in the nation with over seven weeks of summer debate opportunities.
- Grade Levels. Our camps are open to 4th-12th graders. (elementary, middle school and high school)
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 917-455-1079 for summer camp inquries.
Welcome to New York City Debate Camp 2018!
Join us this Summer and become a Great Debater! From those who have never participated in debate to varsity high school debaters – join us for our Summer Debate Institutes! Students at all skill levels learn public speaking, refutation, questioning, research, writing, reading, listening and other academic skills. But most of all – it is fun! Debate Games, Debate Tournaments, Debate Activities, Raffles, Games and more! So join us this Summer at one of our Debate Institutes!
Tuition Information. Our earlybird tuition prices are: $499.00 for our one week debate Institites and $999.00 for our two week debate institutes. Breakfast and lunch are included, Camp T-Shirt includes, and debate materials included. All camps (unless otherwise noted) are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm. Please register early as these prices will increase!
Payment and Registration Information. You can select the camp/s below for more details and you will be directed to a shopping cart where you can check out. Shortly upon payment you will receive by email a parent and student registration form that includes additional details (emergency contact information, medical, and other information to complete your registration).
- Tuition. Tuition covers breakfast, lunch, snacks, Camp T-Shirt, and debate materials.
- Refunds. All payments are Non-Refundable. Credit can be applied to a another NYCUDL Debate Institute during the Summer and/or provided up to 1 year from the date of the event for next Summer's Debate Institutes.
- Location/Date Changes. Because we rely on the generosity of our host locations, we also acknowledge that sometimes their needs will change (classroom availability, dates, etc.). And so while we do our best with securing camp locations and dates, we cannot guarantee there will be no changes. Of course if there are location or date changes, you will receive a full refund and/or exchnage.
- Schedule. Unless otherwise noted, camps are Mondays-Fridays, 9:00am-3:00pm. The one exception is the middle school/elementary school debate institute at the Silberman Graduate School which is closed on Fridays. Elementary debate programs are also from 9:00am-1:00pm, rather than 3:00pm.
- Curriculum. Our interactive curriculum makes public speaking and debate engaging and fun for all ages. Curriculum includes skills in public speaking, debate, speech writing, researching, questioning, and more. Each camp culminates in a camp tournament.
- Grade Levels. Our camps are open to 4th-12th graders. (elementary, middle school and high school). Rising students (8th graders going into high school and 5th graders going into middle school) are encouraged to apply to their grade level next school year since they have the opportunity to compete next year in their grade level. So for example, a current 8th grade student should apply to our high school debate institutes.
- Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-455-1079 if you have any additional questions.